Join us at the inaugural Tabilk-Tabilk Community Festival on September 10th at Tahbilk Winery to celebrate the environment and local Taungurung People.
Tahbilk is a world leader in the area of sustainability. You are invited to come and explore the world-class wetlands on the property and learn about and celebrate the special environment here with us.
This festival has free entry from 10am to 4pm on Saturday 10 September 2022 and will be held at the heart of the Tahbilk Estate, alongside the Tabilk-Tabilk wetlands.
10 September 2022
Tahbilk Estate, Nagambie
10am-4pm - FREE ENTRY
- Welcome to Country and Smoking Ceremony (10am)
- Live music all day
- Free wetlands boat cruises
- Free guided tours of the Tahbilk Indigenous Flora Trail (book your free spot)
- Free Taungurung talks and activities with Auntie Jo and Uncle Shane (book your free spot)
- Free snake and reptile demonstrations
- Free kids environmental activities (book into free kids water bug workshops)
- Food and market stalls from local producers
- See more information on our Facebook event page - facebook.com/events/1412148225917972
Book free workshops
There will be free workshops throughout the day and we recommend you book the sessions you want to attend.
- Tabilk Tabilk Indigenous Flora Trail - Guided Tour
45-minute walking tour that leaves every hour - Book your free spot: trybooking.com/CBKBE
- Waterbug Testing
This activity is always a hit with the kids, and you'll be amazed by just how much life exists in the wetlands.
Limited spots available - Book your free spot here: trybooking.com/CBPDK
- Taungurung activities and Talks
Kids activities and cultural talks - learn more and book here: trybooking.com/CBPEL
The Tabilk-Tabilk Community Festival will be held next to the Wetlands View Restaurant on the Tahbilk Estate - 254 O'Neils Rd, Tabilk (see in google maps)
Parking is available on site.
What to bring
- You are invited to bring camp chairs and picnic rugs to sit and enjoy the food and music
- Please NO BYO alcohol - food and drinks are available for purchase on site
- This is an outdoor event, so please consider sun protection and bug spray
- We recommend sturdy shoes for walking the wetlands trail
- Pets must be kept on a lead and are not allowed into the wetlands. Responsible pet ownership guidelines apply.
Partners and supporters
This community festival is possible thanks to funding from the Australian Government through the Building Better Regions Fund
Thanks also to:
- Tahbilk Winery
- Petaurus Education Group
- Taungurung Land & Waters Council
- Strathbogie Shire Council
- Go Nagambie